CASANARVA

Narom ara'n Arva, there is Light! Welcome to Casanarva and come join me in my shining, magic world! You have heard of the Seven Seas. If you sail the Eighth Sea, you will come to Casanarva, where touch-telepathic kings rule and Velnar Knights ride unicorn-like shahnarn into battle. For the last 5,000 years Darkness has ruled. Will you serve the Darkness, too, or stand with Etendil ra'n Arva, the prophesied Bringer of the Light? And who is this One foretold? How will we know him when he comes?

Name:
Location: United States

A former librarian, I write fantasy, romantic suspense, and historical novels, some poetry and short stories, articles, book reviews, recipes, and the occasional filler.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Candles finished

I finished Candles in the Wind (topped out at 419 pages) on Aug. 29, went back and polished up the last four inserted chapters and sent them off to a couple of my critiquers.

In working on these chapters I came across a couple of things I wanted to fix in Lamp and Darkest Hour, so I'm glad they hadn't been carved in stone.

Now I'm ready to re-start Beacon Burning. I went over the first two chapters, and they look solid. My imagination is already racing ahead to scenes and dialogue for Beacon. I have quite a bit written, not as much typed in yet as I'd thought, but I'll get there.

Also I came up with a tentative title for the collaborative Adventure in Eedo. I'm calling it The New Moon. "Moon" is always good for Eedo! And I'd had that title on my list forever. That story will need a lot of work--half of it isn't even typed and some isn't canon (The wedding springs to mind immediately. I was in a hurry and based it on Catreena's two weddings!). My partner in crime has written a fresh beginning, and I'm thinking that maybe we could even start the story further back in time, but for now, it's good.

Life has been getting in the way of writing. I don't mind the work--when hands are busy, the mind often runs free and comes up with "story"--but I've got to get my mind back to focussing on the story. I've lived so long in Valtarmelsa and in SarĂ¡y that I've forgotten what Eedo and Goffeleccee are really like. Very scary. I need to re-immerse myself, not only in the geography, which is easy, but in the culture and traditions of these two kingdoms.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home