CASANARVA

Narom ara'n Arva, there is Light! Welcome to Casanarva and come join me in my shining, magic world! You have heard of the Seven Seas. If you sail the Eighth Sea, you will come to Casanarva, where touch-telepathic kings rule and Velnar Knights ride unicorn-like shahnarn into battle. For the last 5,000 years Darkness has ruled. Will you serve the Darkness, too, or stand with Etendil ra'n Arva, the prophesied Bringer of the Light? And who is this One foretold? How will we know him when he comes?

Name:
Location: United States

A former librarian, I write fantasy, romantic suspense, and historical novels, some poetry and short stories, articles, book reviews, recipes, and the occasional filler.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS

I was asked who my favorite characters were in my fantasy, The Casanarva Scrolls, but I have so many--how can I choose?

"I am Sir Tornival ra Saráy, Baron of Saráy, the leader of a proud people, though we have been under the sword of the Savársee for centuries. ‘Savársee’ means ‘barbarians.’ We were the first to call them that, you know. I have dreams of Bareeya, Liberation, but they are only dreams. I know we will never be free without a miracle. Mayhap the Bringer of the Light will come in my lifetime and set us free. I can dream."

"My name is Catreena ra’n Alora-Carma. I was born the Princess of Valtarmelsa, but my country has been conquered by the Savársee, and now I live by the sufferance of Lord Saráy, the commander of their legions. I miss my home and my family. I miss my husband. I miss my world. All I ever wanted from life was someone to love and someone to love me. And that dream was denied. Lord Saráy says he loves me, but I cannot love the man who killed my husband and destroyed my life, can I? My dreams, and perhaps my brothers, are dead."

"My name is Barlz ra Rareeya, King of Savárseeya and Valtarmelsa. Are you surprised to see me here? I am what you call a villain, although I don’t feel that I am. I have killed, and will kill again. Kings do that. And yes, I want to conquer the world. I want to be high king over all of the Eight Kingdoms of Casanarva. I can be a good king. I can. Really. I want to bring back the glory of my people. Others call us barbarians, but we are good people, though we have become weak and have lost the warrior spirit that made us great and feared. We will gain it back. I have such dreams for them, for me. Such dreams."

"My name is Mathiu ra’n Erebeth-Nor, High Prince of Goffeleccee. I am a student at the University in the City of the Ancient Kings, though I am young for it. My uncle seeks my life, and my father, King Asáhn, fears he cannot protect me at home, so I am here under the wardship of the great Duke Falinar. I am writing a history of Casanarva. If there is anything about the history you wish to know I can tell you. About the future, I am less certain. I have visions in the night and strange waking dreams that sometimes frighten me, but I tell no one of them, lest they think me mad from too much learning.

"My name is Xarella ra Tayn. I have the Sight, but though I can See the overall drift of the future and I know that if I live long enough the Bringer of the Light will come in my lifetime, I can See things only in bits and pieces like a puzzle hidden in the sea-mist. I--"

"I am Pol ra’n Alora-Carma. I’m going to light up the skies with my fury and the seas will run with the blood of my enemies, but first, I will kill Lord Saráy who captured my sister--"

"I will be called Lord Cabrínifor. I am a Saráyan. My father is a fisherman, my mother was a pearl diver, but I will be a Velnar Knight and serve Lord Saráy--"

"I am Edmon ra’n Alora-Carma. I should be King of Valtarmelsa, but the Savársee--"

"I’m called Sir Bayrd. Me old gram raised me in a tall village in the mountains of Savárseeya after me parents died of the bloody flux when I was just a babe. I’m a royal knight of the first rank, cohort commander under Duke Nadaraq ‘til the Old Snake’s brother took me command away and sent me t’home--"

"I am King Carom of Eedo, and I’m looking for my wife. Do you know where she is? I walk the palace hallways, searching for her. They whisper behind my back, but they will not tell me where she is. I love her so. Please tell me where--"

"I am Nébarif, captain of Lord Saráy’s personal ship. He bought me at a Savársee slave market and set me free, and now--"

"I am Jivana, High Priestess of the Goddess of Saráy. I guard the treasures of--"

"I am Falinar ra’n Azaranarva. They call me the ‘great duke.’ I am utterly loyal to King Asáhn and to his son, Mathiu, but I cannot trust my own son."

"I am Prince Lanor, and I should be King of Goffeleccee, but I am baseborn, and my younger brother rules. He intends that his son will inherit the Throne, but I have other plans--"

"I am Mili, a lady’s maid in Saráy Hall--"

"My name is Narmela ra Normavel, and I am a prisoner in a Savársee brothel. My father was the Velnar Knight of Valtarmelsa, and I dream of him rescuing me."

"My name is Yulen ra Rareeya, Prince of Savárseeya. My father wants me to become squire to Lord Saráy and spy on him."

"My name is Tarq ra Parameena, High Prince of Tazaqwaya. I am a Velnar Knight and I will be the first Velnar king in--"

"My name is Canadayr ra Tayn--"

"I am King Asáhn of--"

"I am a woodcutter in the mountains of Goffeleccee--"

"I am--"

"My name is--"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home