CASANARVA

Narom ara'n Arva, there is Light! Welcome to Casanarva and come join me in my shining, magic world! You have heard of the Seven Seas. If you sail the Eighth Sea, you will come to Casanarva, where touch-telepathic kings rule and Velnar Knights ride unicorn-like shahnarn into battle. For the last 5,000 years Darkness has ruled. Will you serve the Darkness, too, or stand with Etendil ra'n Arva, the prophesied Bringer of the Light? And who is this One foretold? How will we know him when he comes?

Name:
Location: United States

A former librarian, I write fantasy, romantic suspense, and historical novels, some poetry and short stories, articles, book reviews, recipes, and the occasional filler.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

FOR A WORLD THAT NEVER WAS

I draw the lines--I shade the mountains in.
I pick the blue and trace a river’s course.
I sketch the roads and trails to desert springs.
I place wide valleys and virgin forests.
I name walled cities for the ancient kings--
I map the world that they lived in.

I set stone castles in the hidden glens.
I plan the seasons and the merchants’ fairs.
I wed brave women to their gallant men.
I choose the weather and the clothes they wear.
I field great armies and watch wars begin--
I dream the songs the minstrels sing.

I say who loses and who gets to win.
I plot the futures for my characters.
I make their enemies and seek their friends.
I raze whole nations and free murderers.
I kill the villains and see justice done--
I am the one who writes "The End."
~~By D.C. Ice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home